Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My History of my Northwestern Fishing.

My Name is Jay I am originally from Las Vegas, Nevada. I always had a passion for fishing it is fun and also relaxing and even able to win some money with bets with friends and family most fish biggest fish. I grew up fishing Lake Mead  and various urban ponds in the Las Vegas Valley. I fished mostly rainbow trout Catfish and stripped Bass, all fun and great tasting in my opinion.

My wife and Kids and I decided to move up to cold country aka the NW we love it here being I always loved fishing I got back into it but with a bug like no other. Salmon fishing!!! what fun fish they are my first year here I sat in the Puyallup river fishing with just a couple people not catching anything. I was learning I talked to a few people about what kind of set up I would need. I was told 50lb braided line and a salmon rated rod and which ever reel. so i was out to buy it and hit the river with a smile. Well I never fished in a river, well never stood in a river to fish at all so that was a small challenge. I wanted to make sure I was not going to end up in the sound. I learned a lot fishing out there I began to teach my self how to drift fish corky and hook. I learned how to lose a lot of gear I mean a lot of gear...

Fast forward to 2011 Pink Season came I caught a lot of Pinks also A lot of salmon My first fish was a Coho out of the Puyallup river caught it last year on my birth day. after that I knew I would be hooked on fishing. for salmon and I was. I learned how to use a Bait Cast reel and haven't looked at a spinning reel since other than Steelhead fishing.

I have for 2 and a half years I tried to catch a trout. I will say these trout were tough to catch. I learned to go old school with it bobber and worm. boom fish on I fished every day for 2 weeks limiting out on trout 5 a day I cooked a lot of them different ways fried, grilled, smoked, and Chivche (spelling may be off)I will post these Recipes on a later post.


This year I filled one tag full of fish now Kings and Coho gave to friends and family  some in the freezer for the winter months. Great I will never half to buy fish again.

I started a Blog just so I can post my personal adventure in this fishing mecca! Product reviews, recipes, trips, and gear a lot of gear.

thank you hope to read your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment